After 31 December 2020 if you are an EU citizen you need to have
pre-settled or settled status to:
  • stay in the UK for more than 3 months
  • work
  • study
  • use the NHS
  • claim the state pension
  • rent a home

If you find it difficult to apply for EU settled
status, we may be able to help you.

If you are an EU citizen living in England with a more complex case or need some additional help in applying for EU Settled Status, then we can help you – free of charge.

What is EU Settled Status?

The EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) allows EU citizens to continue to live, work and study in the UK without any immigration time restrictions after the UK leaves the European Union. Here’s the Home Office Guidance on the subject.

With settled status, EU citizens who are living in the UK before it leaves the EU will continue to be able to live, work and study in the UK post-Brexit.

You must have settled status to claim some benefits like Universal Credit, Pension Credit and Child Benefit. You must also have settled status to get help with housing from your local council. EU citizens may not be able to access the NHS or certain means tested benefits if they have not applied to the EUSS by 31st December 2020.

EU citizens and their family members should apply through the EUSS as soon as possible.

Simple Cases

For many people, this process will be simple and straightforward. You may be able to do it yourself. You will only need to complete three key steps online

  • prove your identity
  • show that you live in the UK
  • declare any criminal convictions

Settled Status Complex Cases

However, for some people the process is more complex.

We’re part of a national project to help vulnerable EU citizens apply under the UK’s EU settlement scheme.

We can help EU citizens who want to secure their status, and who are:

  • People with disabilities and/or serious physical or mental health conditions
  • Young adults who have left care
  • Vulnerable children
  • People who’ve experienced domestic abuse
  • Those who are homeless or sleeping rough
  • Looked after/abandoned/informally-fostered children
  • Elderly people
  • People in sheltered accommodation
  • People who lack capacity, or who are cared for (including residents of institutions)
  • Victims of modern slavery or trafficking
  • People from Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities
  • People at risk of exploitation (at home or in the workplace)
  • Those with criminal convictions, or who have just been released from prison
  • People living in isolation
  • Other vulnerable or at risk people


You can also contact us for support if you are an adviser or other professional and you work with an EU citizen who needs some additional support to make their application for the EU Settlement Scheme.

Please phone us on 01582 480745 for assistance.

Our Service

Our service is provided free of cost and focuses on helping EU citizens who are vulnerable and have complex cases. We can support you to complete your application to protect their status as the UK exits the EU.

To contact our service, please phone our Immigration AdviceLine or contact us through the contact form below:

Contact Us

    The quickest way is for us to contact you in English. Is that ok? (Required)

    If don't want us contact you in English, which language should we use?

    Next Steps

    When you contact us, we will get back to you within 5 working days to let you know that we have received your message.

    We will make an arrangement to telephone you to find out more details of your case. This may be a three-way conversation with an interpreter.

    When we have all the information, we will let you know whether we will take on your case, or whether we will refer you to another organisation that deals with simple cases. (We only deal with complex cases).

    If we take on your case, we will make an appointment to see you, and start your case. At times of high demand, we will operate a on strict first come first served basis, and we will keep in touch with you to let you know when we will be able to start your case.

    Further Information